Hi, I hope you like my thoughts. If not, I hope they interest you enough to read them. And if not that, I'm flattered you're still reading my heading.

Superman and Lois

Superman and Lois

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 6

Mornings are always easiest. I have definitely come to realize that. Though I suppose I could have guessed this off of even one day fasts, as about 70% of the time I'm not really all that hungry the next day until around lunch time. My guess as to why this is is that as your body shuts down so much in sleep, you've spent 8 hours or so expending little energy. So when you wake up, your body's really not in all that great of need for food or anything like that.

But anyway, this has definitely been pretty evident for me the past two days, as I have woken up not even bothered by the absence of food, and later in the day certainly having hunger difficulties. And again so far this morning, I could care less about eating anything. I suppose the best thing to do is enjoy it, as it sure does feel peaceful when I'm fasting but not even physically struggling to fast, lol. Really, it's almost like the first few hours of the day give me the confidence that I could go for almost however long I want. And I guess that's for two reasons: 1 - simply because it's physically easy, and 2 - because it just feels pretty dang good spiritually speaking when you know you're doing the most you can possibly do to petition God's movement in your life, and you feel like you're doing it with relative ease. It's just like "ahh...just sit back and enjoy the ride into God's outpouring in my life." haha.

Of course, then a few hours later reality usually hits and I just keep praying to make it to the end :-).

2 comments:

  1. I replied to your question... got a little carried away. If you are interested in the cleansing fast information I can send you the e-mails I sent to those who were doing the particular one that I put together.
    Also if you decide you want to and have stuff you need me to juice for you I have both a citrus juicer and a presser so I can juice just about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, so what, you're going to ship it to Springfield? ;-)

    ReplyDelete