Hi, I hope you like my thoughts. If not, I hope they interest you enough to read them. And if not that, I'm flattered you're still reading my heading.

Superman and Lois

Superman and Lois

Thursday, January 7, 2010

A good day. And who wins tonight?

Today is a good day. I feel good, life is good. I don't know, it's just a good day. There's snow on the ground outside, it's pretty, and it just makes for a good day. Of course, it is 7 degrees but hey, I'm more of a cold weather person and it honestly doesn't bother me that much. I guess I'm a freak. O well.
But anyway, I'm enjoying being back at school for now. If anything, probably because schoolwork hasn't really started yet, haha.

But with that stated, there's another reason today is a good day: National Championship baby! Woo!!
For those of you who don't know, I am a HUGE football fan. Love the game, love watching it, love analyzing it, everything; I love football.
So here are my thoughts on tonight's national title game between Alabama and Texas.

First of all, even though a part of me wants Texas to win, I just can't bring myself to make that prediction. I predict an Alabama victory, either 20-14, or by some blowout score. So yes, either way I think Texas loses; I think the question is will they make a game of it, or get blown out.
So why do I think this?
Well, in agreement with many football analysts, the real problem for Texas, and particularly Colt McCoy, is that the two times they've played great defenses this year, their offense flopped. Against Oklahoma they won 16-13 and McCoy had a terrible game. And against Nebraska McCoy had another lousy outing, not to mention getting sacked 9 times and almost losing the game on a really poor decision throwing the ball out of bounds JUST before time expired.
This being the case, is it not a big stretch to think that McCoy will match up against a defense at least equal to if not much better than these other two team's? I really don't think he will. In fact, the big problem is that Nick Saban is so good at giving mutiple different looks on defense in order to push any quarterback into making mistakes, that I just don't think McCoy can handle it. Honestly, I won't be surprised if Bama has a turnover field day on him.

But as a final thought, I guess I can't say I'm ruling Texas out COMPLETELY. If anything, maybe the significance of such a HUGE game will bring out the best in McCoy. Maybe he'll step it up immensely, and surprise us all. I wouldn't put it past him, completely. But then you have to consider the fact that in the Big 12 championship, with a national title bid on the line, that the Texas offense and McCoy got DOMINATED. But who knows, maybe that shot in the gut will make them extra prepared for the Crimson Tide. And one other thing I should mention is that it's not like I totally want Texas to lose; my brother graduated from there and I'd be pleased to see them pull off the upset. Both for my brother and just because it's always fun to see the underdog pull it off. However, I am still more of an SEC fan at heart and in this particular case it just seems like the upset might be out of reach.
I guess we'll see...

3 comments:

  1. All I have to say is BOOOO!!!! Texas is totally going to win! :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish I knew what the heck you were talking about...me and football don't get along. LOL

    Good to see you on here Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm assuming the first comment is Julie Pyatt? Lol...

    ReplyDelete