Hi, I hope you like my thoughts. If not, I hope they interest you enough to read them. And if not that, I'm flattered you're still reading my heading.

Superman and Lois

Superman and Lois

Friday, January 15, 2010

Ending fast

Well today is day 3 of being off of the fast, and as of last night I was pretty much able to eat whatever I want. I will say though that in my experience, some Immodium AD or some tums usually help out a bit when you're stomach's struggling ;-).

However, I would like to mention that I pushed it too hard the first time I ate. Definitely got a bit sick the next day. After that I was okay though, and so I'd like to come back to how it is that I'm eating this much already.

Honestly, coming off of a fast is different for everyone. For me, even when I did 14 days I was able to eat pretty much anything 24 hours after breaking my fast. This is not to say this is for everyone. The best answer I have as to how to tell what's okay to eat is simply 1 - pray before and as your eating to be sensitive if God says STOP, because I've ignored that before and gotten sick and 2 just listen to your stomach. I can't really explain it, but your stomach is just more sensitive after a fast. You can almost "feel" it digesting food, and so be aware if it feels like you're pushing it too hard. Just take it slow and try to enjoy what food you can eat, particularly the amount, and don't make yourself sick. Trust me, the sickness that comes with over eating after a fast is not fun. Ugh...can be one of the most painful things ever.

Anyway, so I can probably say that at this point, the "food" aspect of the fast is more or less over for me. Now it's just an issue of believing in all the spiritual things I sought after for 2010 to hopefully start coming to be. And I'll save this til later, but something very significant financially just happened for me, and if it all works out, that'll certainly be the subject of my next post :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment