Hi, I hope you like my thoughts. If not, I hope they interest you enough to read them. And if not that, I'm flattered you're still reading my heading.

Superman and Lois

Superman and Lois

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Nfl Playoff Predictions, Divisional Round

Well, first off, seeing as ALL of my wild card predictions were right (te he :-) ) I think it's okay to go ahead and draw out my whole playoff bracket and not seem like I'm skipping a round in doing so. Also, know that I will explain my divisional predictions. I would feel odd to go ahead and explain the conference matchups, which I'll do after the games are actually set.
So with my wild card predictions already posted, here's my bracket from here on out:

NFC

Divisional

Cowobys vs Vikings - Cowboys by 7

Cardinals vs Saints - Saints by 3

Conference Championship

Cowboys vs Saints- Cowboys by 10 (I think weak 15 repeats itself)

AFC

Divisional

Ravens vs Colts - Colts by 3

Jets vs Chargers - Chargers by 7

Conference Championship

Chargers vs Colts - Colts by 3

Superbowl

Colts vs Cowboys - Cowboys by 3

Alright, so now my divisional explanations

Ravens vs Colts

I think the Raven's ability to run the ball will help keep the Colt's potent offense off the field. However, the bottom line is Joe Flacco completed 4 passes against New England, and that's just not going to fly against the Colts. They are a far superior team to whatever it was that happened to the Pats, and that kind of one dimensional approach won't fly. THey'll need more than that to keep up with Peyton. Don't forget the Colts Dolphins game earlier this year. The Colts barely had the ball against a running, ball control Dolphins game; and only 17 minutes TOP for the whole game was enough for Manning to put up enough points for the win.

Jets vs Chargers

Revis is a great weapon to shut down one of Rivers' receivers; but one shut down corner won't be enough. The Chargers simply have too many weapons for the Jets. And on the defensive side of the ball, expect them to make Sanchez look a lot more like a rookie than he did against Cincinnati. I expect the Chargers to take control of this game.

Cowboys vs Vikings

Plain and simple: DEFENSE. The Vikings are scarily similar (for Vikings fans) to the Eagles on offense. But the main problem; they have issues on their offensive line, so expect Spencer and Ware to wreak havoc on Favre all day. And if that's happening, expect turnovers from Mr. Interception. Really, the truth is that many analysts have pointed out that this game is simply a mismatch for Minnesota. I think they're right, and I really won't be shocked if this game looks a lot like Dallas vs. Philly

Cardinals vs Saints

This one is probably the toughest. Here you have two very similar teams. I think it'll be a shootout of two high powered offenses. However, I think the Saints D will make the difference. They just got back their cornerback they've been missing really since he left midway through the season, and with his return Darren Sharper will get back to his game over the middle. Meaning, then, that as Warner had all that success over the middle vs the Pack, he probably won't have it in the Superdome.

No comments:

Post a Comment