Hi, I hope you like my thoughts. If not, I hope they interest you enough to read them. And if not that, I'm flattered you're still reading my heading.

Superman and Lois

Superman and Lois

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Final day: Day 9

Well, today really wasn't all that difficult, and as of two hours ago, I had my first meal since Sunday night, January 3rd :-).
It was pretty good, about half a bowl of chicken noodle soup and some crackers. Later I had a small cup of pudding, and some crackers and apple sauce. I might have eaten a little too much, but I think I'll be fine. I feel pretty good right now.

But after having eaten, it kind of makes me realize how fasting really isn't the big deal to me that it used to be. What I mean is, I wasn't compelled to stuff my face because I missed food so much. And as of right now, I'm really in no great hurry to start eating pizza again. It's all just...food, and I'm content with what doesn't upset my stomach. I don't know, I guess God has just really helped me mature when it comes to the discipline of fasting. To put it really "traditionally," maybe I've really learned to "master my flesh" in that area..haha.

So thank you God for 9 days I've pressing in to see your glory manifest in 2010. I pray and believe it was effective, as I also pray you help me to come off of this fast wisely, and healthily.
Amen.

1 comment:

  1. congrats! It's a very honorable thing to make such a big sacrifice for what you believe in.

    ReplyDelete