Hi, I hope you like my thoughts. If not, I hope they interest you enough to read them. And if not that, I'm flattered you're still reading my heading.

Superman and Lois

Superman and Lois

Saturday, January 23, 2010

A good relationship

A good relationship is a wonderful thing.
I never would have imagined I would have been humbled this many times, and had to deal with my own imperfections this many times, as I have in being in a healthy relationship.
It's so often when you both come forward with your respective realizations of your shortcomings. When you both realize that there are things about your personality, or certain behavioral patterns that you've developed, that simply aren't the most relationally endearing as you would like them to be. It's just so wonderful when you come into a conversation thinking that the other person might be offended or get mad at you, but is instead glad that you brought it up and is willing to work on it and get better. That, quite simply, they care tremendously for you and are willing to do anything they can for you to make sure that this relationship stays healthy and joyous. It's just such an awesome thing.

And then even though you come away knowing a glaring flaw of yours might have just been plastered before both you and her to be worked on, the fact is that you've gained an insight into yourself to help better yourself, and a window into a way to continue to grow closer to someone that you value in so many ways. I suppose it's a fairly basic relationship fact, but problems either push you further away or draw you closer together. And in my case, it seems that again and again, we keep getting closer, and closer, and closer.

Truly, a healthy relationship is a wonderful thing :-)

2 comments:

  1. weird... I definitely commented on this yesterday, but now it's not here. Strange. Anyway! I started a blogspot of my own, and I don't know how the whole following thing works or whatever... So, come follow me? (no NT allusion intended) Right now, it's pensamientos-detodo.blogspot.com because I think of anything else at the moment. I'll work on it.
    -Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Healthy relationships are great.

    My favorite thing about my relationship (which may exist in yours as well, if not now then maybe later) is that my husband can do something that makes me so incredibly mad - mad enough to make me sit and think "I will be mad at him about this for forever I swear." And then before I know it I forget what it was he did and I'm not mad anymore - not because of short term memory, but because his company is so enjoyable I can't hold grudges.

    ReplyDelete