Hi, I hope you like my thoughts. If not, I hope they interest you enough to read them. And if not that, I'm flattered you're still reading my heading.

Superman and Lois

Superman and Lois

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sledding! :-)

So today I did something I haven't done since I think I was 12; went sledding! :-)
I took my mentee, Sal, and met up with Kate at the big hill across from CBC.
I'll be honest and say I was a little unsure if I was going to have any kind of effective sled, but then this morning Kate said her friends had recommended trash bags.
Man, did they work!
But what was really cool was the sled I made;
I took a tarp I've had for like two years and never used and wrapped it around a bulletin board. I then tied the tarp tightly around it with rope. Sadly though, after doing that last night I was still thinking "I'm not sure if this is going to work...it's probably just too big, flat and heavy."
Well, problem solved when I put a trash bag over it!
Man, because that thing weighed a pretty good bit and then had something with very little friction wrapped around it, it flew down the hill.
Which caused too funny stories;
1 - the first time I went down on my butt on that thing, I flew off the ledge at the end of the hill. Little did I know it was concrete down there; so I FLOPPED on my butt. Yep, my tail bone still hurts :/. Just glad I didn't hit it harder!
2 - After that I learned how to basically role off and not fly off the ledge. So I was pretty confident when Kate tried it that there would be no problem. Haha...nope....
She went flying off the ledge and did like a 180 body flap down there in the mud... She lost her keys and stuff for a second.
She wasn't too happy with me on the walk up :-) haha....
So anyway, all in all it was a pretty awesome time.
And I think my sled deserves a prize for the day or something :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment