Hi, I hope you like my thoughts. If not, I hope they interest you enough to read them. And if not that, I'm flattered you're still reading my heading.

Superman and Lois

Superman and Lois

Friday, January 8, 2010

NFL Playoff Predictions

Alright everyone, it's that time of year so loved by American football fans: the playoffs. It really is a good time for football, for on the Superbowl people who never watch the game do, and for those who are football fans but whose team hasn't made it, they are usually compelled to watch these 11 elimination games regardless.

So anyway, here are my predictions for wild card weekend.

Philadelphia at Dallas: Dallas by 10

Okay okay, so I am a die hard cowboys fan. They're my team, I want them to win, so sure I'm biased. However, most sports analysts are on my side in this one. The fact is that for whatever reason, the Dallas D has been the lone D able to stop the explosive Philadelphia offense. They averaged 30+ points against every other team they played; and scored 16 points in two games vs. Dallas. Of course, there's always that fear that after being swept by the Cowboys and having a rematch with them 6 days later, that the Eagles will come out and put it on the Cowboys. Trust me, I am pretty afraid of this myself. I am pretty worried that the Cowboys 13 season long playoff curse may come to roost this Saturday night. Also, there's just that difficulty with beating the same team three times, especially when the last two games are back to back. There's just so much these teams got to know about each other, that I'm sure the game plans will be a heck of a lot more improved on Philadelphia's side of the ball. However, and as my final thought, based off of Dallas exorcising the December demons with an impressive three straight wins (breaking the Saints 13 game win streak, then back to back shutouts) I think they're more than ready for the heat Philadelphia will bring. That's why I'm calling Dallas by ten. I think they're tired of the playoff-less Cowboys, and are ready to prove to everyone they're ready for a Superbowl win. I think they're just too physical on both the offensive and defensive lines, and I think that because of that they bring home another victory, and a trip to the divisional playoff, which I think they'll win (I don't think New Orleans or Minnesota will stop them)
*But a final thought, I definitely see a good chance of Philly winning. I'm pretty afraid of that. But as unbiased as I can be, I think Dallas makes a statement in this game.

Baltimore vs New England: Baltimore by 3

Yeah, you heard me right: Baltimore goes into Foxboro and beats the Pats at home. I know Tom Brady has never lost a home playoff game. But I also now that Wes Welker is out and I think the Ravens are going in with something to prove. I don't think Baltimore gets past the division round, but I think they pull the upset in this one. Sure, I won't be shocked at all if Brady wins it, but idk...I just think the Pats started falling apart this year, and that the Ravens are just playing better and are able to pull it off.

Green Bay vs. Arizona: Arizona by 3

What the heck!? Green Bay dominated them in the final game of the season! Yeah, but Arizona sat most of their starters, but the man who really counted on that bench was Kurt Warner. Dude gets hot in the playoffs: real hot. I think he knows what games like this are all about and turns that offensive explosion on we saw last year in the playoffs. Yes, I still like the Packer's chances in this game, but I think Arizona surprises a lot of people in this game...again (last year) and sends the Pack back to Lambeau. But I do think it's going to be a close game.

NYJ vs Cincinatti: Jets by 3

This one was probably hardest for me. I know the Jets plastered the Bengals last week, but the Bengals weren't really in that game. However, I do think that Revis shuts down Ochocinco, and that really makes it hard for the Bengals in my mind. I do like their running game with Cedric Benson, but I think Thomas Jones out performs him and Sanchez steps up to the pressure of this game and doesn't turn the ball over. Either way, I don't see either of these teams making it past the division round. The Colts or Chargers would plaster either of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment