Hi, I hope you like my thoughts. If not, I hope they interest you enough to read them. And if not that, I'm flattered you're still reading my heading.

Superman and Lois

Superman and Lois

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Phil 3:12b

Phil 3:12b

Though my life is fading quickly,
Let these words I say so faintly,
Breathe into this air something for which it longs,
Give into this life something for which it pains,
A soul, that knows Your pain.
A heart, that knows Your name.
For I was once I man among them,
I was once just as broken too,
But with life comes its many lessons,
But for them, it couldn't come too soon.
For this blood it runs cold to the heart,
This emptiness it cuts to the bone,
I only wish I could feel the harsh chill in the air,
So I too could call their pain my home.
Yet I am lost with simple empathy,
Praying the Spirit's knowledge is more,
Than my fallen compassion.
Yet as my life is fading quickly,
And I breathe out prayers from a heart I pray is worthy,
Let this life breathe out something for which they long,
A soul, that knows their pain.
A heart, that knows their names,
As well as You.

No comments:

Post a Comment